We provide a range of consulting services that help clients to improve business process efficiency and to select, procure and implement the latest in business information and communications technologies (ICT). The idea behind IT Transformation is to improve business performance and efficiency by addressing an organisation's internal control systems as important strategic assets requiring planning and long term investment. IT Transformation is about providing management with improved control over its business to enable it to maintain competitive advantage and as the basis for future growth and success. Exceptional IT skills coupled with astute commercial know-how ensure that our clients benefit from process improvement and more control over key processes as a result of effective investment in improved ICT systems.
We have undertaken large IT Transformation projects with over 35 client organisations, as well as advising over 300 organisations on improving their IT processes. Our typical clients range in scale from the larger end of the SME spectrum into larger enterprises with turnovers in the range £5m to £50m.
We have significant public sector experience including work with regional development agencies, local authorities and housing associations. AP Benson has contracts with various public and private sector bodies including the Welsh Assembly Government, London Fire and Emergency Planning Authority, Financial Services Authority, Association of Train Operating Companies and the London Development Agency under a range of contracts since 2002 to provide E-business support services to SMEs and directly into the public sector.
AP Benson is independent of hardware and software providers and therefore clients can be assured of the best possible advice within defined budgets and within any internally imposed constraints as to implementation timescales.
- IT Strategy Development
- Development & Implementation of IT Policies and Procedures
- Asset Selection based on Cost/Benefit Analysis and ROI considerations
- Expert Technology Advice
- Rapid & Accurate Assessment of Business Needs using our EvaluateIT tools
- Change Management Services in IT Implementation
- IT Systems Design, Implementation & Management
- Development of business solutions using a variety of programming languages, technology frameworks and integration approaches
- Development of Security, Licensing and Anti-Virus Strategies
- Implementation of Secure IT solutions
- Selection, Procurement & Implementation
- Project Management of business management solutions
We have made a particular speciality of selection, procurement and implementation support projects. A typical project of this type follows this structure:
- Needs Assessment: We undertake a Needs Assessment review (described in more detail below), examining and documenting current and desired business processes that would need to be supported by selected ICT systems. This will allow us to develop formal statements of requirements which can be used in procurement, negotiation and contracting with potential suppliers.
- Selection and Procurement: We complete a process of market review, identify a set of potential suppliers and use the requirements developed at the Needs Assessment stage to shortlist a set of solutions. We will then ask those suppliers to confirm their ability to meet the requirements, which we usually send to them in the form of a mini-tender document. We will then conduct a process of discussion and demonstrations with shortlisted suppliers. We work with our clients to score potential solutions and make recommendations on final product selection.
- Implementation: Having completed needs assessment and assisted in asset selection and procurement, we can provide hands on project implementation and change management services, planning the implementation of the selected new processes and systems, whilst ensuring that disruption to business and management is kept to a minimum. We work with your ICT and business staff to coordinate, advise or assist in vendor management. We can offer a range of services from full-on project management of one or more implementation projects (with Prince2TM and MSP certified project managers) to more specific interventions and advice to help you to get the best out of our selected systems vendors. Implementation partners will need regular feedback and interaction with clients. We can help to moderate and mediate this process, ensuring efficient communication, and ensuring changes made during implementation are captured, documented and agreed clearly.
Further information on our IT Transformation services can be found in the attached brochure:
Click to download ITT Brochure