As part of the Waste & Resource Action Programme, WRAP, scheme AP Benson has been assisting a provider of skips and recycling services to achieve its strategic goals.
The Waste & Resource Action Programme, WRAP, is a not-for-profit company created in 2000 as part of DEFRA's (the UK Government's Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) waste strategies. The work has involved the integration of separate business units in order to deliver consolidation synergies leveraging key resources including capital, people and plant to generate real efficiency gains. Strategic and financial modelling was used in order to identify potential returns from alternative investment scenarios and to forecast realistic levels of capital expenditures.
Our report included:
- A thorough investigation of the business to ensure that all of the issues including the viable opportunities and merger synergies had been identified
- The development of financial and strategic models to ascertain the financial position of the business as a basis for future growth, investment and expansion
- The development of a business strategy and a plan for realising this strategy
- Scenario planning using financial models to assess the impact of different pricing strategies, waste stream capture strategies and revenue opportunities etc
- Areas for capital investment with financing options
By going through the steps above we were able to conclude on a strategy and provide outline recommendations including management structures to be adopted, phasing of investment and financing.
AP Benson is a management and economic development consultancy with offices around the country including the West Midlands, London, Cardiff and the Thames Valley. Since the company's formation it has provided services to the public and private sector in a range of fields including financial consultancy, project evaluation, business strategy, business development and IT Transformation
Alex McLaren, Consultant and Business DevelopmentPosted on 26th October 2010